Fun & Effective Workouts On A Beach Bike Cruiser
You seek more. You live for the adventure and enjoy the moment. You believe an active lifestyle and a daily dose of nature is the best medicine for a busybody. If this sounds like you, then you probably love the idea of combining leisure and fitness together. A cruiser style bike allows for this as it provides a laid-back ride and a workout.
Check out some fun and effective workouts that you can do with a beach bike cruiser.
On Your Bike:
IntervalsIf you have a beach bike with gears, you can map out a somewhat diverse path for intervals.
- Depending on your level of fitness, push yourself using the most challenging gear for 1-4 minutes, then downshift for two minutes to catch your breath and to allow your body to register the work it did.
- Continue shifting between gears for 15-30 minutes. Do not stop peddling in between intervals unless you intend to stop your workout.
This workout provides cardio and strengthening to improve your overall riding and health.
Stand Up Riding
While you may not want to incorporate intervals every time you ride a cruiser style bike, squeezing in a core workout every time can benefit you in many ways.
- To work on core strengthening while riding a beach bike cruiser, engage your core and your lower back as you stand up and pedal for up to 30 seconds.
- Repeat minimum five times.
This anaerobic exercise can help you feel more confident about riding as you learn to have control and balance with the bike, and it simultaneously improves your balance and stability in daily activities, preventing injuries.
Off Your Bike:
Circuit TrainingWant something more intense? If doing intervals and a core workout is not enough for your fitness level, circuit training can be a fun and challenging workout. After you ride your cruiser bike for up to 20 minutes, park along the beach or at a park with stairs or benches.
- Begin with leaping up on to a bench for up to 20 reps, then alternate between jumping on and off with either your right or left leg for 20 reps each. Repeat all the leaps three times.
- Once you are finished, find a staircase or low bench to do tricep dips. Place your arms behind you as if you’re doing a reverse push-up with your legs either stretched out in front of you or bent, then dip down. Repeat for 20 reps, three times.
- Turn yourself around placing your feet on the ground and your legs bent at 90 degrees. Roll backwards to 45 degrees then slowly come back and high-five the bench. Repeat for 30 reps, three times.
- Pack a travel yoga mat in your basket to cool down with some stretches after this workout. Lengthening your muscles after strengthening them will improve your overall mobility.
To get the most out of a lightweight beach cruiser, it is ideal to ride every day, even if it’s only a few minutes a day. Not only do you get a full-body workout, but you strengthen your muscles, increase flexibility, fight fatigue, and reduce mental blocks. Get out and get fit with a beach bike cruiser. Sign up for our Mailing List below to get exclusive deals on products and more tips on biking.
If you’re on the hunt for a great 7-speed ride, look no further than the sixthreezero...
In the past 17 years, the United States has seen a 40 percent increase in bicycle...